The Spiral Iterative Methodology
Our developers use the spiral iterative methodology to build software applications in the shortest possible time and with zero risk. In this process, an application will go through different stages, such as:
- Definition and analysis of requirements
- Integration and testing
- Deployment and acceptance
We start the project by gathering your requirements, conducting business analysis and creating a feature list and cost estimate. The development contract will then be signed and the project will start up. We then assign an experienced project manager to head a team of skilled software developers. This diagram depicts the project planning process at Metric Impact.
Stage 1: Defining and analyzing the requirements
The customer provides us with detailed project-related information, gathered from supporting documents, process specs, systems, on-site analysis, market research, competitor analysis and end-user interviews. We define and analyze the requirements from the requirements document, project plan, use cases and requirements traceability. We will then create use cases and generate a use case model. Next, the scope of the project will be validated and cost estimates will be made. Revisions, if any, will be made at this stage. The following diagram displays how requirements are defined.
Stage 2: Designing the application
In this stage, our software developers will design the application based on the requirements, use cases and the scope of the project agreed upon in the previous stage. The following is accomplished in this phase:
- Development and validation of the prototype and user interface
- Representation of use cases through collaboration diagrams
- Elaborations of the design model
- Development of the implementation model, generated from the design
- Generation of the test model from use cases
Once the design is completed, it will be validated against the customer’s requirements. The scope of the project will be validated and an estimate will be made. Revisions, if any, are made at this stage.
Stage 3: Developing the application
In the development stage, our developers will create the actual code based on the finalized design documents. The application will then be tested against the customer’s requirements and test cases. The following will be accomplished in this phase:
- Development of the code in accordance to design and implementation models
- Testing of the code according to test plans and cases
- Integration of the application
- Quality testing
- Customer acceptance tests are conducted and the customer provides feedback
- Debugging is conducted
This stage ends with the customer’s acceptance of the developed application.
Stage 4: Integrating and testing the application
After development, the application will be deployed on a live server. Test plans, deployment maps and user acceptance criteria will be used in the integration process. An acceptance report and a deployment plan will be created along with the integrated software. Our developers will then implement the application at the customer’s premises or hosting server. This is followed by the implementation sign-off by the customer. We follow a strict project schedule for integration and testing of any application.
Stage 5: Deploying the application
In the final stage of deployment, the software application will be developed according to the deployment plan. After the deployed software is accepted by the customer, we will form a maintenance team that will continue to provide support to the customer.
Mobile application development process at Metric Impact
At Metric Impact, we also specialize in developing custom mobile applications. Our structured business processes, technology expertise, domain understanding and extensive experience have made us one of India’s leading providers of mobile application development. We adhere to a unique process that focuses on increased flexibility, scalability, user experience and speed.
Our mobile application process:
- Consultation>Before starting on the project, we conduct a consultation session with the customer to gather information and understand specific business requirements.
- Proposition>Our team will present the customer with a proposal which will include details about all the aspects of the project, such as the plan, mode of execution, delivery, methodology and process.
- Confirmation>After the customer accepts the proposal, we will analyze, review and clarify details within the proposal.
- Execution>In this stage, we will start the development of the mobile application.